PopupWindow for printer properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PopupWindow for printer properties

Hi, I’d like to show printer properties dialog in my code.
    The first possibility I have is to use the standard windows dialog like:

System.Windows.Forms.PrintDialog printDialog = new System.Windows.Forms.PrintDialog();
    printDialog.Document = this.printDocument;
    printDialog.ShowDialog();

Then the user has to click the „Properties“ button and the dialog I wanna have pops up.
    But I’d like to show this dialog directly without using System.Windows.Forms.PrintDialog.

Here is the code I have from codeproject.net:

[DllImport("winspool.Drv", EntryPoint = "DocumentPropertiesW", SetLastError = true, ExactSpelling = true, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.StdCall)]
    static extern int DocumentProperties(IntPtr hwnd, IntPtr hPrinter, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)] string pDeviceName, IntPtr pDevModeOutput, ref IntPtr pDevModeInput, int fMode);
    [DllImport("kernel32.dll")]
    static extern IntPtr GlobalLock(IntPtr hMem);
    static extern bool GlobalUnlock(IntPtr hMem);
    static extern bool GlobalFree(IntPtr hMem);
    public void OpenPrinterPropertiesDialog(PrinterSettings printerSettings, System.IntPtr pHandle)
    {
    IntPtr hDevMode = printerSettings.GetHdevmode(printerSettings.Defaul tPageSettings);
    IntPtr pDevMode = GlobalLock(hDevMode);
    int sizeNeeded = DocumentProperties(pHandle, IntPtr.Zero, printerSettings.PrinterName, pDevMode, ref pDevMode, 0);
    IntPtr devModeData = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(sizeNeeded);
    DocumentProperties(pHandle, IntPtr.Zero, printerSettings.PrinterName, devModeData, ref pDevMode, 4);
    GlobalUnlock(hDevMode);
    printerSettings.SetHdevmode(devModeData);
    printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings.SetHdevmode(de vModeData);
    GlobalFree(hDevMode);
    Marshal.FreeHGlobal(devModeData);
    }

The function OpenPrinterProperties calls the dialog I need. The only problem is:
    -the dialog does not represents the settings printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings
    -the changes you make in this dialog are not kept when you close the dialog
    (normally the changes should be written in printerSettings.DefaultPageSettings)

What’s wrong with this code?
Working...
X